Saturday, July 28, 2007

L'innocence



It took more than a month for me to draw this sketch.
Guess what, when I assumed I had completed the sketch the first time, I had missed the girl's right eye which is hiding under her ruffled hairs. All thanks to my friend, for identifing this at the first place and for a few of her valuable suggestions.

The soft caress innocent smile of the girl appealed me very much when my cousin sister recommended me to try and draw her. Everything about this picture, her smile, her hands, her hairs, her sweater, her skirt, the aluminium vessel with stains of carbon, the angle of the wooden lid, the position of the kettle was picture perfect!. After one and half month of lead going inside the sheet, here she is.

7 comments:

Bit Hawk said...

BR, superbe!

Venu said...

coool.. loved the way you have drawn the dress..

Pramod Viswanath said...

Amazing...love the details!! Amazing patience and ^^Bows^^ to your art!!

Deepthi said...

All that i can say is "Words fail me..!!!".
This is by far your BEST
piece of Art.. i had a staunch desire to paint this gal.. but now after seein your work.. the amount of detailin you have done.. i fear i'll not measure up..
All in all dexterity at its besttttt..

Peachtreeart said...

beautiful work, i'll have to bookmark your site

lucifer said...

Hey Prashanth,

Wat do i sy dude.....they all were beautiful.....I depicted each of them in my own way...well the best one i liked was the Innocence one....it looked lifelike....
Anyways keep doin this gud wrk!!!!

Jayanthi said...

this is magnificent.i loved this sketch