Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Osprey with the Kill



This is my first attempt in sketching a bird. Being a photographer I know how hard it is to shoot a bird in action. In the last year and a half I have been venturing most of my leisure time in bird photography and have learnt quite few about birds and shooting them. Here are a few of them, all though until now I could never take a photo which I have hoped for.

The sketch that I have made here is of a photograph which is still in my dreams. The original photograph which won the Wildlife Photographer of the Year award was shot by the British Photographer Paul Hobson. My salute to Paul Hobson for such a fantastic image. I have tried to bring in some justice to this photograph and have tried my level best to capture the mood in entirety. It is a plain pencil sketch on a 230 gsm paper. To get the splash effect I have used a bit of spray painting.

Please drop a one or two comments of yours. Thanks.

2 comments:

Bit Hawk said...

Sakkat ree BR!

e-ಹೊತ್ತಿಗೆ said...

Hey Prashnath,
Not seen any of your new works recently. Can you please update?